1. Yoga pants should fit-not too tight and not too lose. How do you tell? Yoga pants that go up your ass crack–are too freakin’ tight and are not appropriate to wear even in the privacy of your own home.
2. Yoga pants should be worn with casual shoes like a slip on sneaker or even athletic sneaker. DO NOT wear yoga pants with high heels-ever, no I mean it–NEVER.
3. If you want low cut yoga pants, buy some. Do NOT under any circumstance roll down your pants to make them more lowcut. This rule applies in particular to pre-menopausal women who have had children. Showing your belly at pick up does not “totally make the other mom’s jealous” like one (ie you) would think.
4. Spandex is a PRIVILEGE not a right. If you wonder if you would look good in yoga pants, you won’t.
5. It IS perfectly acceptable to wear the yoga pants that you slept in to car pool drop off and the subsequent Starbucks trip. You should however, change your t-shirt-preferably to one that does not advertise alcoholic beverages or any cartoon character.