Every year, the Oprah Show does an “Oprah’s Favorite Things” episode in which Oprah gives away a bunch of stuff that she thinks is awesome. It is practically impossible to get tickets to this show, and I started thinking…”Who does Oprah think SHE is? Does she think that she is the only person that can think things are awesome and give them away?”
Therefore, I decided to reward my faithful readers with my own very special blog giveaway of My Favorite Things. However, I am not as rich as Oprah..not even close. So I am only going to give a shout out to My Five Favorite Things.
How do you win? On Dec. 1, 2010, if there are 50 original commenters on this blog post, I will hold a very scientific drawing for those that commented on this post! This is a blatant attempt to force people to comment on my blog while tempting them with some pretty cool stuff because I’m just a pretty cool gal
most of the time, anyway.
So without further ado:
FIVE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS THAT COULD BE YOURS!
- Starbucks– During the Christmas Season, I’m partial to the Non-Fat, No-Whip Peppermint Mocha. At any other time of the year, Non-Fat, No-Whip Mocha. You can get anything you want because if you win this, you get a $10 Starbucks gift card.
- Running- Running is my therapy, my writing inspiration time AND my time to rock out. You don’t have to be a runner or even like working out to enjoy this next one. A $10 Itunes gift card. Don’t have an Itunes account? Well, it’s 2010! Get with the program!
- Reading- When I was in high school and boys started noticing me (the perm and braces in junior high were major game killers), my
darling, overprotective,super scarybig brother killed any chance of me getting a Homecoming Date with this ditty, “Dude-my sister is like SMART. She reads a book a day–like a REAL book.” Actually it was TWO books a day, JERK. Thanks a lot. No, in hindsight..totally THANK YOU. What does this mean for you? Go to Barnes and Noble on me and get your own inner nerd on! $25 Gift Card because books are damn expensive these days.
- Anthropolgie– There isn’t much in this store that I would pass up. You should see my fall shopping list. Delish. Speaking of delish, the Capri Candle in Navel Orange is to die for. I have a large or small one in almost every room in my home. Perhaps you will pick one up or maybe you will use your $30 gift card toward something else like this Rumpled Moto Jacket which just made its way into one of my closets.
- Cooking-Specifically an evening of great friends, amazing food and even better wine is probably my favorite thing in the world. If you win this final favorite thing, you win a chance for me to cook for you and two other people a three course dinner complete with wine pairings. Only catch on this one, if I don’t know you personally, it will have to be a $50 restaurant gift card to your favorite restaurant instead. I don’t watch Lifetime Movie Network, but my mom does, and her favorite movie is The Net with Sandra Bullock. Enough said. Either way, a pretty sweet deal!
So in closing–the only thing that you have to do is comment. Get your friends to comment, get your kids to comment, get your husband to comment. Only requirement is that the comments be PG/NICE. The Deadline is Dec. 1. If we have 50 comments by then–original comments, we will draw for some really cool things. If this goes well, I will consider monthly giveaways of ONE thing. Again-NOT Oprah.
Finally, thanks for reading. You are all wonderful for reading me.